Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kept filling to the wrong line on the test kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Kept filling to the wrong line on the test kit

I just realized during my week of slamming and daily maintenance, I've been filling the water to the wrong mark on the test tube. I've been using the 10ml mark when I should have used the 25 or 44 mark. Well I guess i slammed pretty good and I don't see any dead birds laying in the yard due to the chlorine smell. No wonder the water went from green to almost clear in 2 days😂😂.

Eddie
    30 foot round pool. 4 feet deep.
    21,200 gallons
    AG
    Sand filter
    Taylor FAS-DPD Testing kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Kept filling to the wrong line on the test kit

We all make mistakes. But hey, remember with the FC test, you CAN use the 10 ml mark. That's actually most common. 10 ml, ONE heaping scoop of powder, then count drops until clear and divide by 2. Example: 14 drops = 7.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Been doing 2 scoops for the 10ml test because that's what the test kit calls for...will try 1 scoop and see how much it changes the test result

24' x 52" VINYL AG 15,200 GAL.
    HAYWARD POWER FLOW LX 1.5 HP
    HAYWARD SAND FILTER
    Taylor K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Been doing 2 scoops for the 10ml test because that's what the test kit calls for...will try 1 scoop and see how much it changes the test result
    It should make absolutely no difference other than a slightly less intense shade of pink.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thats good to know... thanks

24' x 52" VINYL AG 15,200 GAL.
    HAYWARD POWER FLOW LX 1.5 HP
    HAYWARD SAND FILTER
    Taylor K-2006

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by drywall guy View Post
    Thats good to know... thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    A better way to save on chemicals is to just fill it to 5mls. Then each drop equals 1 ppm.
    39,460 Gallon Gunite outdoor in-ground, Pebble Tec, 37' W x 38'6" L, Attached Spa and slide, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter, 2- Pentair Sta Rite Variable speed pumps, Pentair Sta Rite 3.0 hp Max E Pro, Paramount PCC 2000 In Floor Cleaning and Circulation system, Rainbow Chlorinator, Paramount O3 Ozonator and Trident UV