Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

new pool owner

I am a new pool owner and we just installed an Intex above ground 22 ft. pool. We leveled the ground and then leveled about 5-6 inches of sand. But we didn't find out about putting blocks under the legs until after the fact. Will it be ok to swim in my pool without the blocks? Thank You for any and all advice you can give a rookie.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new pool owner

Hello and welcome to TFP! Well, using post supports are just about standard practice, so unless you have exceptionally hard/stable ground, the pool legs may begin to sink or lean. Only time will tell. When all else fails ... be safe and secure them as required. Glad to have you with us. Have a great swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!