Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is this stain and how to solve it?

1. Back To Top    #1

What is this stain and how to solve it?

Hello everyone I am the owner of a 20 year old pool. My pool has been green for the past 2 years so I decided to pump it and i got a new filter. When uncovering it i sa a huge stain on the bottom. It is greyish green and it is big. If only i can add a picture. Our pool is 26000 gallons. Can any of you tell me what kind of stain it is or how to solve it. Im looking into getting a service to acid wash. Or is it a smarter idea just to paint over it. I like the idea of painting it. It is a colored plaster pool. If you need any other information or have an idea please feel free to reply. I need help!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is this stain and how to solve

It sounds like an algae stain from having green water for that past few years. Try using some diluted bleach water on it and see what happens.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What is this stain and how to solve it?

That sounds like a great idea ill try it later once i get some bleach thank you so much