how much salt

Jun 28, 2015
Lexington, SC
So we took down our pool (intex metal frame 15'x48" so 5000 ish gallons) the end of last summer to have the ground releveled . We just set it back up on Sunday and our saltwater system finally arrived today (7000gallon system, intex). I'm setting it up and looking at instructions and it sure looks like it says to add 110 lbs of salt. Is that right. That sounds like a ton. Especially when it says not to let it sit on the bottom and to sprinkle it around.

I've looked through pool school and don't see anything about startup for saltwater.

If it matters (can't remember what my signature says). I have 2800 gph sand filter, intex also.

Your signature looks to be off - nothing there. What is the recommended salt level (xx ppm) from the saltwater system? Also, what are your current salt levels? If you have been using liquid bleach, you will already have some salt in your pool. For instance, my salt level recently tested at 1200 ppm and salt has never been added! Did your system come with any salt test strips? Once you know your current level and your system's required level use PoolMath to find the level needed.

Per PoolMath, adding 110 lbs of salt to your 5000 gallon pool will raise salt by 2600 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.