Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Storage of Pool Chemicals

1. Back To Top    #1

Storage of Pool Chemicals

I am looking into getting a Deck Box to keep pool chemicals and supplies in for outside. Can someone tell me if storing pool chemicals outside in the Arizona heat is a bad idea? I would be looking to store Chlorine tabs, liquid chlorine, acid, test kit, etc.

Thanks!
    Chandler, Arizona | Pool built in 2008 | 12k gallon in-ground pool | Pebble Tec w/ raised Bond Beam
    Sand Filter | 1.5 hp single speed pump | Pentair Rebel Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Storage of Pool Chemicals

Definitely never store acid and chlorine in the same enclosed space. Bad, bad things could happen.

I would suggest that you store the tabs and chlorine in the garage, the acid outside someplace and the test kit in the house.

AZ is just too hot to leave much outside I imagine?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Muriatic acid should be stored outside in the shade. I would store bleach/liquid chlorine in the laundry room or pantry. Heat will break down the strength. Tabs are ok in a shed/garage. Test kit, the TF-100 should have its own bedroom.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Muriatic acid should be stored outside in the shade. I would store bleach/liquid chlorine in the laundry room or pantry. Heat will break down the strength. Tabs are ok in a shed/garage. Test kit, the TF-100 should have its own bedroom.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach