Minimum water level?

Jun 4, 2016
New Jersey
I just got a house with a pool and after testing my water found the CYA was over 200. I subsequently drained about 60 or so percent of the water. I refilled it up to about 24 inches (4 ft deep AG pool). I scheduled a water truck to come top it off but it's going to be a few days.

Is there a minimum amount of water that I should make sure is in the pool in the mean time to avoid problems?

I would make sure there is a way to add chlorine and mix it in to keep what water is in there clear. You can get a sub pump from Harbor Frieght for cheap or you can stir the pool with a straw broom to mix it in.

Kim:cat:

You can also use the sump pump's sumping action to keep your water circulating before you turn your pool pump and filter on. Just aim the draining hose back into the pool from above (secured so it doesn't fly out) and let it mix up your water as you need when you add some bleach. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.