Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Green pool after 6 days of daily Thunderstorms..

1. Back To Top    #1

Green pool after 6 days of daily Thunderstorms..

Hello from France.
    Sorry to disturb you, but it's been a while since I'm daily browsing this forum, but yesterday i've registered as member of the forum because I really need help.
    I've a got an above ground pool 32x16,
    I never had any trouble with it , the filter has been changed last year because my automatic vaccum needs a powerfull pump in ordre to work; So i changed the pump and the sand of the filter.
    everything went fine.
    Ive had a perfect clear water.
    As you may have heard we currently have a very bad weather, huge powerfull thunderstorms everyday during about 06 days.
    since theses thunderstorms my pool has became a complete mess, my blue pool turned greens, but a deep green,
    I tried to shock the pool since 4 days but nothing work,
    my PH is good
    my Chlore level is now at 7ppm, but the pool is still green
    i've put a lot of flocculant but i still have a green pool
    do you guys have any clue about whats wrong ?

many thanks, and i'm deeply sorry about my english, but i'm french 20160613_184849.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Green pool after 6 days of daily Thunderstorms..

Bonjour, and welcome to TFP! Your water appears to have algae in it which is why it is green and cloudy. I suspect your testing and chemicals must be a little different there than what we have here in the US. Can you tell us what you use to test your chemical levels? Also, can you post the following please if possible:
    FC
    CC
    CYA
    pH
    TA

You might like to read the link below in my signature titled "SLAM". That is the process we at TFP use to clear algae from a pool. I hope this helps. We look forward to more replies and are happy you found us at TFP.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!