Didn't believe until I got pool Stored.

I may ask stupid questions. Here is one...Calculating my pool gallons... I have a 20 X 40 rectangular pool. When it asks about how deep..what do you put? The deepest part? I have a 3 foot end and a six foot end. I used another calculator and told me I had 27000 gallons, but I think it's more.

You have to enter the average depth. A rough guess would be 4.5 feet. But it kind of depends on the profile of your bottom.
27K is probably a bit high (maybe 25K), but if you have very rounded corners, benches and/or other intrusions to the rectangle, it could/will be much less. Most people overestimate the size of their pool by not accounting for the intrusions to a rectangle.

BTW - This post makes me the proud parent of my first Multi-Quote post! Just figured out how after 3 years! Some of us learn faster than others - so there REALLY are no stupid questions.

Ok so maybe 25k is correct. I will take a pic so you guys can see. I don't have any benches or anything. I got my test kit today!!!!!!! I have to leave in a few so I am bummed I can't go test.. But I will be as soon as possible. I got the tf 100.

So just test everything ? I have watched some of the videos. I am a little overwhelmed but will get it. Which tests will the magnetic stirrer work best with?

If you can modify your Location to be a little more specific, that will help future advice givers. MANY recommendations are based on climate/location. Ideally city/state or at least region (though that's less helpful as some regions are very diverse).

My Profile in the top right then About Me.

Have a small notebook ready to write down your results. I included the weather as well in the beginning. That helped me learn my pool.

Do the tests in this order:

FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA

When you post your numbers post them in that ^^^ way also.

Just do them one at a time. Take your time. Watch the video a couple of times to.

Some tips:

FC-if you sit down the tube it might turn back pink after a min or two. That is not big deal an does not count towards your results.

TA-the color will "flash" the color BUT keep going until it holds the color. (redish).

Kim:cat:

If you put 27k gallons in pool math and calculate 10 ppm and youre coming up with higher FC level then your gallonage is to low. Tweak it as needed. Pool Math doesn't lie. It's a great tool for calculating how much of what our pools need and we don't give the pool anything it doesn't need.

As far as hubby, just tell him he can sweep the pool. If he's not on board with the liquid chlorine and he's going to the pool store or dumping granular/powdered shocks behind your back, fire him immediately. To many cooks in the kitchen ruin the stew. If he wants a pool job, let him brush the pool.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.