Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Good morning,

Last week my pool tuned green. I started my SLAM, and have been maintaining FC around 25 since then (CYA 60). I brush everyday, and vacuum every other. It is better than when I started, but still has green tint to it, and cloudy. I am running my filter 24/7. I backwash after the vacuuming because pressure goes up.

I guess I thought since it was not that bad, it would be cleared up by now, but it is not. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this normal? Last night I added a bit more to get up to FC of 30. Also, since my CYA is pretty high, I am also almost out of reagent, and the replacement is in the mail!

Any advice is appreciated. Maybe the issue is don't have any patience....

Here are my pre-slam numbers. I have tested CC numerous times during my SLAM and it still reads 0. All I have tested since start of SLAM is FC and CC. I did check CYA a day or two after start of SALM, and it was a tad lower, maybe 50-55. I am SLAMing based on CYA of 60 though.

FC 11
CC 0
pH 7.4
CH 400
CYA 60 (maybe 65)
Did not run Alk test

Can't see your signature on my phone. Do you have a sand filter? Have you deep cleaned it? After that, try a little DE in it to clear up the cloudiness.

Have you passed the OCLT and have near 0 CC?

Can't see your signature on my phone. Do you have a sand filter? Have you deep cleaned it? After that, try a little DE in it to clear up the cloudiness.

Have you passed the OCLT and have near 0 CC?

Yes, sand filter. No, have not done a deep clean. I have thought about it, but requires pipe cuts and I don't think I am cool enough to tackle that yet. Over weekend I did a little DE in filter. it got backwashed out though after I vacuumed. I have 0 CC, but have not tried an OCLT yet as pool is not clear.

Went home at lunch today, and while still cloudy, is more blue. I bought one of those tri-vacs (brush with vacuum) and used that to brush/vacuum at same time. Worked well! FC was 28.5. Kids not happy no swimming today as Daddy decided last night to up the FC pretty good!

I am thinking my filter is just a bit slow. Also, temps are getting warm here and water is at 81 already. I will add some DE after work tonight, and see how that works. Going to test CYA again, as it has been a week, and keep FC at shock level for that CYA.

Any other thoughts anyone has would be great. But I think my issue is my lack of patience. I want my clear pool back!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a pic of the steps from Monday evening. I tested the water and the FC was at 20. I added a jug to get up to 27-28. Looks better this AM. Still a tad cloudy, but starting to get back to blue! I will get a new pic tonight, and I also need to test CYA to see where I am at. Was dark before I could get around to test it.

So one thing I learned last night...the way my returns are pointing. I noticed that they are pointed in the right direction (right/left) as the circulation is good, and debris is getting to the skimmers. 2/3 of them are pointing up, and making ripple sounds. Sounds neat, looks cool, but I figured I would search on here to see if that is good or bad. Found some articles how it is actually bad, that is raises pH (I noticed my pH does raise fast here in Texas) and does not help circulation and in getting water below surface. So I pointed them more straight. Will keep an eye on them to make sure water still circulating well.
IMG_3310.jpg

So I passed my OCLT on Wednesday night, My CCs are 0, and this was the pool last night. Had a slight tint of cloudy, so I cheated a bit, and I put a bit of clarifier in last night (ends up I had a bottle of Leslie's CLEARaid from when I got pool stored a few months ago) And this AM, pool is crystal clear! the CLEARaid did what I thought it was going to do, and that was make the tiny particles bind together, and this AM, I had some dirt on the floor of the pool. I just vacuumed that to waste, and I am good to go!

Will put FC tonight to 20 for last time (CYA is 50) and then let her drift down over the weekend, and stop running my filter 24/7 starting tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for all the advice. SLAM took a little over a week, but it worked!

IMG_3322.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.