Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Triton

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Triton

Seems from this site, Dolphin is the best brand name. Found the Dolphin Triton on Amazon for $845.00.
    Thinking of picking one up. Does anybody have experience with this unit?
    20x40', vinyl, Jandy sand filter, bromine off line feeder, 2.5 hp jandy pump.
    Near Cleveland

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Dolphin Triton

I bought the Triton Plus from Amazon and I love it! The "Plus" version comes with a cart, remote control and larger filters. I wish I bought a robot sooner I ended up hating my polaris and it was always breaking down, needing adjusting and the nozzles would get clogged with pieces of sand. The triton picks up a lot of debris and cleaning the filters are pretty easy since the the top of the unit opens up.

It was either a robot or SWG this year... glad I got the robot. SWG will be later this year or next year
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

3. Back To Top    #3

How long have you had the triton for and where did you get it?
    Not very many replies on this.
    20x40', vinyl, Jandy sand filter, bromine off line feeder, 2.5 hp jandy pump.
    Near Cleveland

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I've had mine for a month and as I stated, I bought mine from Amazon. I used my AmEx which extends warranties, so I'm not worried about getting the extended 3 year warranty by purchasing this (or the rebranded models) from a brick and mortar retailer.

As discussed on many threads in this forum, the Dolphin line has many rebranded models which are the exact time product, but a different colors/names:
    The Truth About Pool Cleaners: What Your Pool Store Isn’t Telling You | Sunplay

The article indicates:

Dolphin Triton = Pentair Prowler 830 = Dolphin DX6 = Dolphin Premier = Dolphin Edge = Dolphin Thunder 20

Dolphin Triton Plus = Dolphin Oasis Z5 = Dolphin Explorer Plus
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

5. Back To Top    #5

We just bought the Triton on Amazon for $845 with the cart. It is the BEST thing we've bought for the pool. That thing is amazing, and I would recommend it to anyone. The only drawback was that it doesn't have top-loading filters, which seems huge around these boards. It is a non-issue, and I honestly do not see the big deal. We love this robot!
    Water in, we're swimming! IG 18x29 gunite, 3.5-6.5 depth, 14,000 gallons approx, 1 skimmer, Hayward 4030 cartridge filter, Hayward Tristar VSP, 20 ft. raised bond beam with sprayers, 40 sq ft sunshelf with 2 bubblers, 7 ft round attached spa, Hayward 250k heater, quartz plaster, travertine coping, approx 800 sq feet acrylic deck