New member Pentair IC40 Problem

Bo40

May 20, 2009
Just converted my 32,000 gal inground (vinyl) pool to salt. Installed IC40 worked great for 2 days other than I put too much salt to start with. Had water tested and drained pool 1 foot at a time until salt was under 4200. Today my son changed pump from backwash to circulate and plugged cell back in. There is power on the power supply. No lights on cell at all. No power nothing. Checked voltage, fuse, I have no clue.... Anyone ever had any issues similar to this? Is there a thermal fuse in the cell that may reset? Maybe a bad cell?

Thanks for any comments,
Bo

Welcome to TFP!

The simple thing to try is to turn it off and back on again to see if it recovers. Then check the cables at both ends to be sure the power is plugged in and the cell is connected to the power supply.

Thanks for the welcome. I wish I could have found this place while I was fighting my chlorine problems for the past couple of years.

I have powered it off and on several times, still nothing. My wife just called my son and asked if he turned the power off before plugging the unit in...He said no. We also read about the self cleaning feature of the unit, but I wouldn't think it would do this after 2 days..I think we will call the company tomorrow. I have a feeling something is wrong with the cell.

Thanks again for the reply.
Bo

I have the IC40 and the only time you need to "unplug" it is when you are physically removing the unit from the plumbing or to power cycle the unit.

I hate to ask the obvious, but have you checked the plug is securely inserted into the power unit and the connector screwed in tight? Have any of your breakers tripped?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.