pool safety fence opinions

Jul 1, 2015
Fremont OH
Any opinions or experience on the following fence:

Safety Fence For In-Ground Pools - Swimming pool safety fences

I have an above ground oval pool that is partially surrounded by a deck, and I need to be able to fence off the pool. I am having trouble with my insurance company, so I have to do something. The stairs leading up to the deck are far too wide to put gates across.

I live out in the middle of nowhere, so I'm not terribly worried about someone accidentally wandering into my yard and falling in. My kids are not an issue either. I basically need something I can put up to keep the insurance company happy. I plan on leaving the fence of in the winter time so no one accidentally tries to walk across the cover, and when we're going to be gone a lot.

Thoughts?

Hi,

We used a company by the name of Life Saver. Not cheap - about $1500 for 3 sides of a 16 x 32 pool. The last side had a back fence. This could definitely be a DYI if you are handy. In hindsight, I would have bought the materials and put it in myself. Just would have needed a drill to get the metal sleaves the poles sit in in the brick deck.

I like it since it makes the pool safer. I have another fence around my yard but this keeps the little ones out with out question. The first two winters, I took the fence down but have left it up the last three with little problem.

Here's a photo of our old concrete wreck with the fence around it. The other structure you see with netting and green carpet is the pitching area of the batting cage. My son plays a lot of baseball - goes with the pitching mound I built in the front yard!

001.jpg

Hope this helps.

Steve

I've been wanting to get something like this to keep my toddler away from the pool. But I just don't think it would look nice in my yard, and it would still cost me $1000 or more installing it myself. I balked and have just been keeping a close eye on the little one. Will probably focus on teaching her to swim vs installing a fence. Unfortunately you don't have that option.

Instead of the safety (baby) fence I'm using a pool alarms that I installed myself on all doors and windows.

For the back of the pool I'm in Florida so my Screen Cage will act as the back fence but a back yard fence would also meet the requirements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.