What speed to set Pentair VSP?

May 30, 2016
Fredericksburg
I have the Pentair Intelliflo VSP. What should I have the speed set to? I also have a chlorinator and noticed that when we are running the pump lower at night (1750) it's not producing chlorine. During the day we are running 2300rpm from 10a-5p. Then 10p-7a it's at 1750. I noticed it's not skimming as well so I think we need to change our schedule. Was hoping someone could share.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP!

Add your pool info to your signature so that we can better help you. More here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post. Also a state in your location is often helpful for climate purposes.

I run my pump at 1100 rpm to produce chlorine, skim and filter. During spring and fall it runs 24x7. After the trees stop I run it sun up to sun down so that the solar panels can turn on when heat is available. Solar runs at 2100 rpm. During summer I run it at night instead of the day to cool the pool. I leave the suction side valve split to 75% skimmer 25% drain so more suction goes to the skimmers. When brushing I use 100% bottom drain at 2500 rpm and brush to the drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.