So we decided to get an above ground pool for the summer. Its an Intex 14' x 42". We got it levelled and put up and filled. We swam in it for a great first week before we got around the getting chemicals in it. We went to the pool store and the lady there anazlyzed a water sample. She told us to put in an entire bottle of algaecide (Banish) and 2 packets of a Bio-Guard Care System powdered shock. As soon as we put in the bottle of Banish, the water got cloudy. We added the shock an hour later, as she told us to do. It's been a day and a half and the water is still cloudy. We also added some "Lo N Slo", since she said to before to drop the ph bc our alkalinity was too high. So NOW-- Free chlorine is at 0 again. It was at the "OK" level earlier this morning. The alkalinity is in the normal range. Bromine was high earlier, but now is at 0. Still very cloudy. Now what? Frustrated...but I know it's because of lack of knowledge! I would love to figure this pool thing out!