I messed up! Help~

Jun 1, 2015
Carlton/oregon
I need help stat! I was trying to use the product Kleen It by Bioguard and I messed up. My sand filter was not in backwash and the product went into my pool...as in the WHOLE bottle into my pool. Do I need to drain it? Please help, I am in tears.
My pool is an Intex metal framed pool 15'x42". I am devastated.

It appears that stuff is primarily acids and surfactants (detergents) It also seems like the stuff is biodegradable. http://apps.wku.edu/sds/uploads/docs/7462.pdf How fast is anyone's guess. You may end up fighting foam all summer long.

Still, your pool is only 4000 gallons or so. Unless you're on a well or some kind of water restriction, draining and refilling will probably be the fastest and easiest and cheapest way to get the chemistry to ideal.

And then you need to figure out why you keep wanting to add snake oils and miracle cures to your pool. It's very very rare that a pool needs anything besides bleach, acid, baking soda, borax, cyanuric acid, and salt. Some fresh water and a decent test kit and the pool should stay clean and sparkling for the rest of the summer with minimal care. I doubt I spend an hour a week or more than a buck a day on my pool, and it's four times as big as yours.

As a general rule the less stuff other than water that you add to your pool the better, if you follow the TFP methodology those things tend to be:

1, Chlorine which breaks down over time and outgases into the air

2, CYA Stabilizer, which for all practical purposes does not break down and stays in your water, it protects the Chlorine from sunlight and buffers its effect, but also must be maintained in a certain ratio with the Chlorine this is why it is important to know how much you have, and not continue to add things like Stabilized Chlorine products that cause it to build up.

3, Muriatic Acid, which contains only Hydrogen and Chlorine, the Hydrogen becomes an additional ion in the water that is already made up of Hydrogen and Oxygen and the Chlorine outgases with the rest of the Chlorine (well that is the simple explanation)

4, Salt if you have a Salt water chlorine generator, which is Sodium Chloride, which the SWG uses to create Chlorine by passing an electrical current through the saltwater, this again gives us Chlorine and a Sodium ion

.... get the trend? Mimimize those things that will stay in the water, no complex detergents, no Phosfree, no snake oil products, mostly just straight forward simple chemicals, preferably those that add little other than the components of water or Chlorine, or other things that will either outgas or get caught by the filter.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.