So I have been having some trouble with my pool. It's eating chlorine like no else. I have the following:
Pool: Vogue, 28 ft, 18,000 gallons
Chemicals: Omni shock (buffer, oxidizers, shock, etc or all in one package. 1lb bags.), algicide.
Issue: my pool will not stay balanced. I have gone through 16, 1lb bags of shock since may 5th. When I test my water there is no chlorine reading and 7.2 ph. I add the omni and if needed fill the pool up to half way up the skimmer. It will be fine for about 4 days if there is no rain or swimming.
Today we have maybe a 1/8 inch of rain, and when I checked it there was absolutely no chlorine reading. I usually keep a 3 inch tablet in the skimmer but I ran out. Then on the other hand algi is building up on the walls towards the bottom and a fair amount. I scrape the walls and floor, shock and algicide it, then the following sweep on waste. The pool is in a very open spot, with no trees or debris that gets in it. Sun at least 11 hours a day.
I have a 22 inch sand filter and 1 1/2 hp pump. The setup is right, I just have no clue what I'm doing wrong.
I'm spending quite a bit of money on it, more so than I think I should. The kicker is, the water is always clear, so that's good. But as soon as it runs out of chlorine it starts to green even after a 30 day algicide.
Any help is appreciated.