Upgrading Intex 1500ghp pump to Intex 2500ghp 20x52 Round Pool?

ebgbjo

Jun 13, 2015
Kentucky
Hello folks! Hope all of you are having a great summer so far.

We have decided that we want to upgrade the cheap pump that came with the pool (Intex 20x52 round ultra frame) that we bought last year. As we are moving soon, we don't want to put too much money into the pump as we have other areas where the money needs to go with the house, we are just looking into upgrading to the Intex 2500 since it is under $100 (the money I currently have to spend in Amazon credit).

Can anyone tell me if I would need to order additional parts or do extra cutting for it to fit current pool cuts for the 1500 pump? I searched the forum using Google, but could only find threads regarding smaller pools or my size pool and converting to sand pump, which is not an option at this time.

Thank you

I would try to opt for the sand filter, if at all possible. Generally, the larger pools are the same fittings as the oumps/folters. It's the smaller pools that have different sizes, as long as you stick with the same brand.

You will be so much happier if you go to the sand filter. I regret every day I spent with the cartridge filter now that I've experienced the difference. I wouldn't waste the credit you've got on another Intex cartridge filter. Save up the difference and get an Intex sand filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.