Need advice on used pool cleaner

singerteacher

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2008
western Wisconsin
Background: I have a 22000 in-ground vinyl pool with a sand filter, lots of leaves, dirt and pollen falling in my pool, and not much money. The pool has a suction line (?), but I don't like the idea of a booster pump (one more thing to break). With so much debris, I wind up vacuuming all the time, and it's making me dislike my pool.

I think a pool cleaner is the solution. My budget is under $500. I don't mind brushing the pool steps and walls, so I'm not sure that I need something that climbs walls. (Why is that important?) I really like what I read about robots, but unless I buy a used one, I can't afford it. Is buying a used robot a good idea? Or should I buy something new but less powerful, that comes with a warranty? What do people recommend for my situation?

I appreciate all your ideas and input! (Even if it conflicts with someone else's!)

Booster Pumps are used with pressure-side cleaners. Suction side uses your skimmer. The Barracuda, the Kreepy, the Navigator, etc. Polaris also makes suction-side cleaners. The Polaris 360 is a pressure-side with no booster pump.

Why climb walls? Dirt collects there, too, as does algae, so the "brushing" action is helpful. I'll ask you...why buy an automatic pool cleaner and still do manual cleaning?

A robotic for under $500 will be tough, but the Poolverneugen and the Smartpool Nitro will be close. Good luck. :mrgreen:

try the Nitro wall climber by smart pool got mine from Island recreational. most places sell this unit online Overstock . com has them also they ussually have 1% off code that should bring the unit right in yoiur price range

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.