Bubbles and sputtering jet- I'm a newbie!!

Jun 9, 2016
Newburgh NY
As I await the arrival of my test kit... I figured I would try to balance the water with the chemicals I have on hand. Over the past 2 days I've slowly added calcium, alkaline +, and ph as the pool store said I was way low. My pool has been green for 2 weeks so I'm also shocking and I added an "algae bomb" tonight.

this morning I noticed 2 of my jets in the pool were sputtering and there are little air bubbles. So far we checked for leaks in the equipment by spraying with water to look for spits of air and we changed the o ring on the basket lid. We also have enough water in the pool.

Any my idea what else it could be? And how badly is this effecting circulation in the pool? Thanks!!

Just remember that any "suction side" air leaks won't "spit-out" anything. A leak from the poolside skimmer to the pump strainer basket will draw-in air (thus the bubbles) so you can to totally cover the exposed area with running water, maybe apply some shaving cream, or wrap a part with cellophane. Now when you turn "off" the pump, the stopping of water might let -out a spurt of water, but not always. You might also find the TFP Pool School - Leak Detection page. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.