Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hiimmeruu

1. Back To Top    #1

Hiimmeruu

Hi new pool owner and am filling it now! Spent a few hours leveling and flattening a spot in the yard for it today. It is a 14' x 4' or so above ground pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hiimmeruu

Welcome to TFP!!

Please be sure the installation location is not only flat, but level. Several people show up each year asking what they can do because "my pool is only 4 inches out of level". The industry standard is 1", which you really need tools to determine before you add water. You can't tell by just looking.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome!

Have you seen Pool School - Guide for Seasonal/Temporary Pools ? Your pool is right on the cusp between a temporary pool that's easier to dump and refill in the event of a chemical catastrophe and a full-sized pool that requires a full-sized test kit to deal with problems in place. I'd err to the high side and get a proper test kit, but that's only because I've seen the results of having full control of the pool chemistry firsthand.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.