Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My very stable ladder

1. Back To Top    #1

Denver, CO

My very stable ladder

Thought I'd take a break from complaining about my own problems and offer a small solution I stumbled across for making my A-frame pool ladder a little more stable.

I've got a 16-foot AGP that was new-to-me, so in addition to a new liner and a bunch of hose, I found a great deal on 2" pink foam for the bottom. And while that stuff has been awesome on the feet, right away I found a downside: the A-frame ladder was super wobbly sitting on top of that foam. It was even more wobbly when I put the ladder on a rubber mat to try to protect the foam. I thought I was going to kill myself every time I climbed the ladder; no good.

My solution was to, essentially, tie the ladder down. I took a couple of lengths of rubber-sleeved playset chain I had lying around and looped them over the ladder; then I added wire and turnbuckles, out at a (more or less) 45-degree angle.

On the ground, since I was right next to a concrete pad I didn't mind putting holes in, I put holes in it. And attached these tie-down loops right to the cement with expansion bolts.

The result is astounding to me, and absolutely rock solid. It doesn't move at all with kiddos, and we of more (cough) grown-up size barely feel a wiggle.

I imagine a couple of those earth-screw stakes would work just as well for anyone not near a concrete pad.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: My very stable ladder

FYI, edit your post and change the URL tags around the links to IMG tags and then the pictures will show up ... I did the first one
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Raleigh, NC

Re: My very stable ladder

Thank you for the idea!
    Intex 16'x48" Ultra Frame
    Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater Filtration System
    Taylor K-2006