Combined Chlorine 0.45
pH Level 7.4
Total Alkalinity (Input) 100
Total Alkalinity (adjusted) 85
Calcium Hardness 148
Cyanuric Acid 46
Copper 0
Iron 0.1

My pool looks great but whats up with the No chlorine?? My pool store guy said I have no idea why there is no chlorine registering.

The TF-100 from tftestkits.net would have been a better value and arrived much quicker. But, the K-2006 will work.

So just keep adding bleach until you get a FC reading on your yellow OTO test until your real kit arrives. Throw the strips away.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are 2 major things that make chlorine go away. The first is heavy sunlight, you have that taken care of with the CYA number you have (that's a good thing). The second is organic matter, chlorine burns it up and runs itself out doing that.

So, you have eliminated sunlight, therefor, the only other issue is something organic in your water. Leaves, bird poo, pollen, grass clippings, too many kids that can't be bothered to get out to use a toilet or...and this is a biggie...algae.

You may not see the algae and your SWG is producing just enough to keep it from getting out of control, but it will eventually take over.

Thanks for that info. I know all of that. But I've been running the swg and adding 2 gallons a day on crystal clear water! Only 2 of us adults here. So no pee very few leaves and I vacuum as needed. There's nothing discolored or slimy anywhere. I just wanna get over this hump!
Its been about 2 weeks and I'm starting to go crazy thinking about it! It's consuming me ?

2 thoughts. Add enough bleach to get to 10 FC. Test in 10-15 minutes, see what you get.

If it's still low, do the yellow side of the plastic block test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.