Combined Chlorine 0.45
    pH Level 7.4
    Total Alkalinity (Input) 100
    Total Alkalinity (adjusted) 85
    Calcium Hardness 148
    Cyanuric Acid 46
    Copper 0
    Iron 0.1

My pool looks great but whats up with the No chlorine?? My pool store guy said I have no idea why there is no chlorine registering.
    Install 06/01/2015 18x36 Rectangle Play Pool (3.5' on each end and 5' in the middle) in ground 27M Vinyl Liner Pump: 1.5hp Tri-Star 2" Filter: 27" Hayward Sand 2" Skimmer: 1 SKM 2MD 3 Returns Chlorinator: Aqua-Rite & 40k Salt Cell Jandy Legacy Pool Heater 250

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clear Water no FC - First Post Ever

Welcome to TFP!!!

First, you have to realize that we do not trust pool store testing ... it has repeatedly be proven to be inaccurate and not repeatable.

If you want to take control and understand your pool, you need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and learn about the chemistry on the forum.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
    ABCs of Water Chemistry
    Recommended Pool Chemicals
    How to Chlorinate Your Pool
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I read all of that - I had test strips and a dropper test kit that only had red/yellow. My Taylor k-2006 is on the way will arrive 6/20-6/24 so I can do it myself. But in the meantime - this is what I have to work with.
    Install 06/01/2015 18x36 Rectangle Play Pool (3.5' on each end and 5' in the middle) in ground 27M Vinyl Liner Pump: 1.5hp Tri-Star 2" Filter: 27" Hayward Sand 2" Skimmer: 1 SKM 2MD 3 Returns Chlorinator: Aqua-Rite & 40k Salt Cell Jandy Legacy Pool Heater 250

4. Back To Top    #4

The TF-100 from tftestkits.net would have been a better value and arrived much quicker. But, the K-2006 will work.

So just keep adding bleach until you get a FC reading on your yellow OTO test until your real kit arrives. Throw the strips away.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks

6. Back To Top    #6

Ok 2 days of testing with k2006

Fc 0.5
    Cc 1.5
    Ph 7.4
    Ta 100
    Ch 200
    Cya 45

Added 2 gallons 10% chlorine
    3 lbs cya in a sock in the skimmer

Fc 0.5
    Cc 1
    Ph 7.2
    Ta 95
    Ch 190
    Cya 50

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Once the CYA is dissolved, you really need to get the FC up. Does this chart make sense to you?Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

I see you have a SWG and are going from 50 to 70 or 80. You need to get the FC up now
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

8. Back To Top    #8

I know! I keep adding 2 bottles at a time. By the next day it's gone?! I've had the swg on super chlorinate for days at a time. It does nothing! I don't get it? !

9. Back To Top    #9

What's your salt level? And how long are you running your pump?
    / 24k Gal, 18x36 Freeform IG Vinyl Saltwater / Sta-Rite MPRA6E-205L 1HP Pump / Sta-Rite System:3 Cartridge Filter / IC-40 SWCG / Dolphin Nautilus Cleaner / TF-100 Test Kit w/ SpeedStir / Taylor K-1766 Salt Test /
    Useful Links: Recommended Levels / SLAM / FC/CYA Chart / Test Kits Compared / Edit Your Signature

10. Back To Top    #10

Salt is about 3200 I run the pump for about 14 hours a day.

11. Back To Top    #11

Only a year old, so probably unlikely, but is it possibly a bad or dirty cell...?
    / 24k Gal, 18x36 Freeform IG Vinyl Saltwater / Sta-Rite MPRA6E-205L 1HP Pump / Sta-Rite System:3 Cartridge Filter / IC-40 SWCG / Dolphin Nautilus Cleaner / TF-100 Test Kit w/ SpeedStir / Taylor K-1766 Salt Test /
    Useful Links: Recommended Levels / SLAM / FC/CYA Chart / Test Kits Compared / Edit Your Signature

12. Back To Top    #12

I checked it, no scaling, no debris
    I called hayward and went through some diagnostics on the phone and they said it appears to be functioning correctly.

13. Back To Top    #13

There are 2 major things that make chlorine go away. The first is heavy sunlight, you have that taken care of with the CYA number you have (that's a good thing). The second is organic matter, chlorine burns it up and runs itself out doing that.

So, you have eliminated sunlight, therefor, the only other issue is something organic in your water. Leaves, bird poo, pollen, grass clippings, too many kids that can't be bothered to get out to use a toilet or...and this is a biggie...algae.

You may not see the algae and your SWG is producing just enough to keep it from getting out of control, but it will eventually take over.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

14. Back To Top    #14

Thanks for that info. I know all of that. But I've been running the swg and adding 2 gallons a day on crystal clear water! Only 2 of us adults here. So no pee very few leaves and I vacuum as needed. There's nothing discolored or slimy anywhere. I just wanna get over this hump!
    Its been about 2 weeks and I'm starting to go crazy thinking about it! It's consuming me 😩

15. Back To Top    #15

Could your bleach be expired?
    Chas & Cheryl (first-time, second-year pool owners)
    Radiant Metric Oval AGP 16'x32'x52"; Pentair: Clean&Clear 150 Cartridge, OptiFlo 1.5 Hp 2-spd, and 320C Feeder (all mounted below water level); Taylor K-2006 & SpeedStir; Maytronics Dolphin E10 (aka Einstein)
    installation pics (2015-2016)

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

2 thoughts. Add enough bleach to get to 10 FC. Test in 10-15 minutes, see what you get.

If it's still low, do the yellow side of the plastic block test.
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

17. Back To Top    #17

Ok. Just added 384oz of 10%

18. Back To Top    #18

Just tested with the yellow drops. It's yellow! Guess I'll just check every hour or so to see how it goes. (Until the Cavs game starts of course)

19. Back To Top    #19

Go cavs!!!
    19300 gal, AG vinyl, 1 HP Pentair Dynamo two stage pump, 5 yr old Hayward Vari-Flo sand filter, pool 14 yrs old, well water, testing with Taylor K2006

20. Back To Top    #20

Woohoo! !!! Go Cavs! And my test is still yellow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast