Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Where does bonding wire go? (Pics)

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    63

    Where does bonding wire go? (Pics)

    I've put off on posting this for a week because I don't want to sound like a moron, but enough is enough. I can't figure out where it goes.

    pics attached.

    i don't see a screw or nut to attach it to.

    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12,000 gallon AG pool | Hayward 1HP pump | Hayward Perflex DE filter (I hate DE) | Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Re: Where does bonding wire go? (Pics)

    Can you post a close up picture of the back of the motor?

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    63

    Re: Where does bonding wire go? (Pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Can you post a close up picture of the back of the motor?
    Here you go.



    - - - Updated - - -

    12,000 gallon AG pool | Hayward 1HP pump | Hayward Perflex DE filter (I hate DE) | Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Re: Where does bonding wire go? (Pics)

    Screw at bottom center. The lug broke off. You can get a new lug at any hardware store. Get copper, not aluminum.

    You can see part of the old lug under the screw.

  5. Back To Top    #5

    In the Industry

    duraleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sebring, Florida
    Posts
    30,084

    Re: Where does bonding wire go? (Pics)

    That's why we put that "TFP Expert" in JamesW's avatar!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    63

    Re: Where does bonding wire go? (Pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Screw at bottom center. The lug broke off. You can get a new lug at any hardware store. Get copper, not aluminum.

    You can see part of the old lug under the screw.
    thanks so much James!

    is there a specific name for it or just any will do?
    12,000 gallon AG pool | Hayward 1HP pump | Hayward Perflex DE filter (I hate DE) | Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Re: Where does bonding wire go? (Pics)

    It should fit under the screw and accept a #8 wire. Take the old piece to match. The label on the new one should specify the wire size that the lug will accept.

    Google pool pump bonding lug for examples.

    The other part of the old lug might be on the bond wire.

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    63

    Re: Where does bonding wire go? (Pics)

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    It should fit under the screw and accept a #8 wire. Take the old piece to match. The label on the new one should specify the wire size that the lug will accept.

    Google pool pump bonding lug for examples.

    The other part of the old lug might be on the bond wire.
    Thank you very much Sir.
    12,000 gallon AG pool | Hayward 1HP pump | Hayward Perflex DE filter (I hate DE) | Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •