New liner coming this week...first pool..NERVOUS!! Please help!! SWG? What to do?

crocop

May 5, 2016
Toronto
Hi,

ok..i am panicking...

I am getting a new liner for a pool for a house I just bought, and I would like to know what my steps are and in what order. Never owned a pool before.

I also have a new heater/Salt water generator...Does the SWG need to be installed ASAP once the pool is full of water? I already bought 12 20KG bags of salt, when do I throw that in?

What if I cannot get someone to install the heater/SWG the same day the pool is filled? Will my water turn green.

some steps and things I should look out for would be a great help!!

Thanks..

Given your newbie status, I think it would be money well spent to get a pool guy to oversee that work for you. Understand that the liner people won't do it but I think I would find somebody that can supervise the whole thing.

No you do not need to install the SWG right away ... many people NEVER install SWGs. You just have to manually balance the pool.

Are you going to be able to run the pump and filter after the fill before the heater & SWG install?

Do you have one of the Recommended Test Kits?

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Thanks for this.

But if I already have a SWG, can't I just have it installed and ignore the whole manual balance of chlorine?

You made it sound like the SWG was not installed yet.
You need to balance manually anyway before you let the SWG start adding the FC for you.

I hope you realize that a SWG is not a magic piece of equipment that makes the pool maintenance free. You still have to do all the same testing and adjusting. All the SWG does is add FC instead of you having to add bleach daily.

You made it sound like the SWG was not installed yet.
You need to balance manually anyway before you let the SWG start adding the FC for you.

I hope you realize that a SWG is not a magic piece of equipment that makes the pool maintenance free. You still have to do all the same testing and adjusting. All the SWG does is add FC instead of you having to add bleach daily.

Ok got it. So should I not throw in the 12 bags of salt once the water is filled ?

How did you come up with needing 12 bags?

You can add them, but still should not turn on the SWG.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.