Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine Jug Transport Idea

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorine Jug Transport Idea

Hi,

I found a local place that refills 20L jug of chlorine. However, using it around the pool is not practical. Has anyone came up with a method for ease of use with such a large container?
    23K gal (I think), IG vinyl lagoona, Sta-Rite Hi-Rate Sand Filter T-240BP-1, Pentair Superflo VS 1.5 Pump (342001), June 2007, Taylor K-2006, Hayward Chlorine Feeder CL220, Water source from garden hose w/ water restrictions | 1HP Sta-Rite DYNA-GLAS MPRA6E-147L single speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Chlorine Jug Transport Idea

I like the second option, but it says do not use with non corrosive liquids. Have you ever used it or know someone that had success using it with LC?
    23K gal (I think), IG vinyl lagoona, Sta-Rite Hi-Rate Sand Filter T-240BP-1, Pentair Superflo VS 1.5 Pump (342001), June 2007, Taylor K-2006, Hayward Chlorine Feeder CL220, Water source from garden hose w/ water restrictions | 1HP Sta-Rite DYNA-GLAS MPRA6E-147L single speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Maybe one of these:
    DEF Hand Pump for 5 Gallon Drum/Pail - NX2025

They seem to have various adapters to fit differing containers also - look further down on that page.
    Also a Google search for - liquid chlorine transfer pump - may elicit more options.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you!

6. Back To Top    #6

I use 5 gallon jugs to store my chlorine and I use one of these.

Hand Siphon

Amazon has them as well - Pump

I just pump out whatever I need into a 1 qt measuring cup and then pour it into my bucket or right into my pool. Just take the siphon to your pool with you and pump some water through it to rinse it out. Works well for under $5
    16'x32' Inground Vinyl, 21,100 gallons, Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump, Hayward Pro Series S244T 3.1ft Sand Filter
    TFTestKits, Pool School, ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry, Chlorine/CYA Chart, PoolMath

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I have no idea how one of THESE will stand up to chlorine but might be worth an investigation if you decide to try one let us know how it works out.

Edit... Never mind I see it has stainless steel inside it, I think the chlorine would corrode that in short order.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!