tscaldwell7

Jun 12, 2016
Charleston, WV
Hello,

My name is Trevor Caldwell. I live in Charleston, WV and just had our pool installed in late April. My grandparents always had a pool and I spent my summers there growing up. I knew I would have my own at my house and finally made it happen! So, I knew the gist of maintaining a pool, but this website has been a life-saver! I would like to thank all the members that contribute to the site and help those who have only read pool-school...twice! :cool: I opened my pool up with the "free-chemicals" given by the company that I purchased the pool from, but have maintained everything though TFPC since! I have had no issues and often find myself bragging to our guest about eyes not burning because my pH is balanced! :D

Again, Thank you to all that contribute and help the beginners.

I will go ahead and post photos of my invention to hold down our Confer Curved Pool-steps. I did not want to put sand in the steps and make them heavy when the times comes to lift them out. I also did not want anything such as ropes to be visible, but something easy to remove. About $150 later, It took about 75lbs of sand, three 6inx2ft pvc (the one in photo is cut shorter to fit), three 4inx2ft pvc, caps and 18" zip-ties. I filled tubes with sand and used liquid primer/cement to bond everything together. I used clear zip-ties to tie the tubes to the inside of the stairs (ties not cut in photo, but still hardly noticeable). When closing time arrives, it will be easy to snip the zip-ties and store the tubes separate, making the stairs easy to manage. Hope this helps some!View attachment 500292.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 18
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Looks like a nice clean way to weight the stairs down :goodjob:

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you if anything comes up in the future.