Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: tscaldwell7

1. Back To Top    #1

tscaldwell7

Hello,

My name is Trevor Caldwell. I live in Charleston, WV and just had our pool installed in late April. My grandparents always had a pool and I spent my summers there growing up. I knew I would have my own at my house and finally made it happen! So, I knew the gist of maintaining a pool, but this website has been a life-saver! I would like to thank all the members that contribute to the site and help those who have only read pool-school...twice! I opened my pool up with the "free-chemicals" given by the company that I purchased the pool from, but have maintained everything though TFPC since! I have had no issues and often find myself bragging to our guest about eyes not burning because my pH is balanced!

Again, Thank you to all that contribute and help the beginners.

I will go ahead and post photos of my invention to hold down our Confer Curved Pool-steps. I did not want to put sand in the steps and make them heavy when the times comes to lift them out. I also did not want anything such as ropes to be visible, but something easy to remove. About $150 later, It took about 75lbs of sand, three 6inx2ft pvc (the one in photo is cut shorter to fit), three 4inx2ft pvc, caps and 18" zip-ties. I filled tubes with sand and used liquid primer/cement to bond everything together. I used clear zip-ties to tie the tubes to the inside of the stairs (ties not cut in photo, but still hardly noticeable). When closing time arrives, it will be easy to snip the zip-ties and store the tubes separate, making the stairs easy to manage. Hope this helps some!Attachment 500292.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (76.4 KB, 17 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (60.3 KB, 17 views)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: tscaldwell7

Welcome to TFP!!!

Looks like a nice clean way to weight the stairs down

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you if anything comes up in the future.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Signature was too large on original post, but I did not see the message. Should be on here now.
    Size: 12' x 24' x 54" - 9,000 Gallons
    Type: Oval Above-ground Elixir - installed April-2016
    Material: Vinyl Non-Saltwater
    System: Hayward 1HP Pump / Pro-Series Sand Filter
    Test Kit: Taylor K-2006C

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.