Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 2100 sand filter leak when off

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 2100 sand filter leak when off

System is up and working great though I still need to run water test. I have my sand filter on the timer function as well as the salt water setup. I noticed when the pump is off the sand filter leaks from the top where the selector lever is (large hand lever for filter, backwashng, etc..). Defective unit? No leaks when the pump is on. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 2100 sand filter leak when off

Just a suggestion. ... there are several gaskets that allow your multiport lever to seal... a couple are rubber and i think 1 or 2 of them are made of nylon and act as a ware washer when turning the lever.
    The 2 important ones are on the stem of the lever housing... they stop the water from bubbling up from your filter when you push the lever down.
    Is it an intex filter or another brand.. also... can you tell us what the pressure gauge says when your power is on.

intex ultra frame round pool 6831g totally hard plumbed with hayward variable speed pump and jandy cs150 cartridge filter... plus a solar heating roof system with a .75 onga pump and 24" sand filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, I played with it a bit more, moving the lever into several positions hoping to seat any seals or o=rings internally. So far it has been several days and no leak. Keeping my fingers crossed.

4. Back To Top    #4

Keep in mind, for you to move the lever the pump have to be off...and move it clockwise all the time...
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart