Vinyl top rail protection?

Hi Everyone! Brand new here (I put what I could remember in my sig, will update when I get all the paperwork together). Our pool was installed on Thursday (6/9/16). It's a Morada with 9" vinyl top rail. We have a very bad bird problem here. I think I've spent most of my time waiting for the pool to fill just keeping these pests off the top rail or cleaning it. It's already stained purple in some spots. I'm afraid to use anything really harsh (right now just diluted Dawn dish soap in a spray bottle with papertowels). It's driving me crazy. Is there something I can spray on there so it can just be hosed off? I suggested Armor All and my husband freaked and said the sun/UV rays with that on would destroy the rail. Help!

car wax? That is the first thing that came to mind when I read this. I wonder what you could do to keep them off and out of the pool? That will take some experimenting to see what they do not like.

Kim:cat:

Will try this tomorrow. I just came in. I've been scrubbing all day and the stains are set. I'm so upset. I can't stay out there running around waving my arms and yelling all day. And they just fly over and poop on the water and it FLOATS there. It is so gross. Someone please tell me I'm not the only one that has this happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmmm...you may be on to something there. Don't they make a vinyl protector for those cover things for pick up trucks?

- - - Updated - - -

How about getting a plastic or rubber snake? lay it on the railing and see if that discourages them?

Oh they don't like snakes??? My boys have a bunch of the rubber ones! I will try that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.