Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Overnight water level dip, pump concern

1. Back To Top    #1

Overnight water level dip, pump concern

So, my pool cleaner got its tail stuck in an interesting position overnight and sprayed a constant jet of water out of the pool for a while. When I got up this morning, the water level was about an inch below the skimmers rather than halfway up the tile. The baskets still have some water in them, and the pump basket is still full. Does this mean my pump did not lose prime and I don't need to worry about re-priming or it being damaged?
    Pool Stats: 15k gal IG plaster, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE filter, Pentair WhisperFlo pump, Pentair Legend Platinum pressure cleaner w/ Polaris PB4-60 booster pump. Test Kit: Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Overnight water level dip, pump concern

Yes you are fine. The fact the water level is below the skimmer means the pump was still getting waterer from somewhere. Since you have a pressure side cleaner it was getting water from the main drain. If your main drain is plumbed through the skimmer and not a dedicated run then had the spray taken the water level below the bottom floor of the skimmer you would have been in trouble.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Overnight water level dip, pump concern

Whew, thank you! That's very good to know.

My cleaner has been up to some interesting antics lately, I could write a book about her adventures. You know, if anyone anywhere wanted to read a book about a pool cleaner.
    Pool Stats: 15k gal IG plaster, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE filter, Pentair WhisperFlo pump, Pentair Legend Platinum pressure cleaner w/ Polaris PB4-60 booster pump. Test Kit: Taylor K-2006