Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Booster Pump Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Booster Pump Help

My booster pump will only operate when I disconnect the pool cleaner hose located in the pool. Once I reconnect the pool cleaner the booster pump and try to turn back on the booster pump is silent, I then will remove the hose and after a minute or so the booster pump will kick back on a number of large bubbles will first come out as the booster is starting up. Any assistance on trouble shooting would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pentair Booster Pump Help

Welcome to TFP

it sounds like something is blocking water either in the hose or the pool cleaner itself, is something stuck in it?
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

There was a cup I had remove caught in the pool cleaner. Still the same issue the booster pump kicks in when no hose attached but as soon as I connect the hose and turn the booster back in it won't kick in. Water is running through from the regular pump when the booster is off so it doesn't seem blocked.

4. Back To Top    #4

Still no luck on getting the booster pump to work if anyone has an ideas