I have an AutoPilot SC-48 that is now 4 years old. It's flashed Check Voltage from the first day I had it, but still reliably produced chlorine at an acceptible amount at Level 2, usually between 50 and 75%. This year, it's not keeping up. I'm now up to Level 3 and 100% and it produces some, but not enough to keep me at 3-4ppm. I'm adding a half jug of bleach every few days to get it back up in the safe zone.
I've done the acid bath several times a year and it looks pretty clean now. Shows voltage of 28 or 29 and amps of .9 to 1.2. I've never brushed it, if that matters. I assumed the acid bath was pretty much as clean as it could get.
Is this how you would expect a cell to die? Still produce, but just at lower and lower levels, or would you expect it to suddenly stop producing altogether?
Chemicals are good:
PH 7.5-7.8 (bringing it down once it hits 7.8 with maybe a quart of acid every 3-4 days)