Pentair Intellichlor Output Percentage % Explanation

mgmoore7

Bronze Supporter
May 9, 2015
Land O Lakes, FL
Just posting this for informational sake as I wanted to understand exactly how the % worked.

Question: What is the on/off cycle time for the Intellichlor? For example, if set at 50%, does it cycle on for 1 min, then off for 1 min or 1 hr on/1hr off, etc. I would like to understand this for my own information and understanding the impact of the schedule.

Answer:
0% - No LEDs lit - No chlorine produced - IntelliChlor Electronic Chlorine Generator is off.
20% - 1 LED lit - Produces chlorine 20% of each hour of pump run time, 12 minutes on, 48 minutes off.
40% - 2 LEDs lit - Produces chlorine 40% of each hour of pump run time, 24 minutes on, 36 minutes off.
60% - 3 LEDs lit - Produces chlorine 60% of each hour of pump run time, 36 minutes on, 24 minutes off.
80% - 4 LEDs lit - Produces chlorine 80% of each hour of pump run time, 48 minutes on, 12 minutes off.
100% - 5 LEDs lit - Produces chlorine almost 100% of each the hour of pump run time, 59 minutes on, 1 minute off.

Did you get this info from pentair? I have an IC 40 that I feel cant keep up with my pool and I actually measured the current draw from the power supply to see how long it runs. I only measured with it set at 100%. no other settings tested. The cell pulls 5 amps for 4 1/2 minutes were you can see bubbles from the jet then 0 amps for 5 1/2 minutes and no bubbles from jet.

my thinking is that if 100% is 59 min on and 1 min off, isnt that the same as superchlorinate setting? whats the point of having the superchlorinate option?

The super chlorinate is a 24 boost at 100% and then it reverts back to the original setting.

The most likely cause of an SWG "not keeping up" is algae consuming the chlorine. Perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if there is algae in the water.
FYI, if the intellichlor is connected to an easy touch the super chlorinate is able to run for X X number of hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.