Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intellichlor Output Percentage % Explanation

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Intellichlor Output Percentage % Explanation

Just posting this for informational sake as I wanted to understand exactly how the % worked.

Question: What is the on/off cycle time for the Intellichlor? For example, if set at 50%, does it cycle on for 1 min, then off for 1 min or 1 hr on/1hr off, etc. I would like to understand this for my own information and understanding the impact of the schedule.

Answer:
    0% - No LEDs lit - No chlorine produced - IntelliChlor Electronic Chlorine Generator is off.
    20% - 1 LED lit - Produces chlorine 20% of each hour of pump run time, 12 minutes on, 48 minutes off.
    40% - 2 LEDs lit - Produces chlorine 40% of each hour of pump run time, 24 minutes on, 36 minutes off.
    60% - 3 LEDs lit - Produces chlorine 60% of each hour of pump run time, 36 minutes on, 24 minutes off.
    80% - 4 LEDs lit - Produces chlorine 80% of each hour of pump run time, 48 minutes on, 12 minutes off.
    100% - 5 LEDs lit - Produces chlorine almost 100% of each the hour of pump run time, 59 minutes on, 1 minute off.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Pentair Intellichlor Output Percentage % Explanation

Thanks, good info
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Did you get this info from pentair? I have an IC 40 that I feel cant keep up with my pool and I actually measured the current draw from the power supply to see how long it runs. I only measured with it set at 100%. no other settings tested. The cell pulls 5 amps for 4 1/2 minutes were you can see bubbles from the jet then 0 amps for 5 1/2 minutes and no bubbles from jet.

my thinking is that if 100% is 59 min on and 1 min off, isnt that the same as superchlorinate setting? whats the point of having the superchlorinate option?

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes it came from pentair support. . I don't know how the super chlorinate function works.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

The super chlorinate is a 24 boost at 100% and then it reverts back to the original setting.

The most likely cause of an SWG "not keeping up" is algae consuming the chlorine. Perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if there is algae in the water.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    The super chlorinate is a 24 boost at 100% and then it reverts back to the original setting.

The most likely cause of an SWG "not keeping up" is algae consuming the chlorine. Perform an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to see if there is algae in the water.
    FYI, if the intellichlor is connected to an easy touch the super chlorinate is able to run for X X number of hours.
    Matt
    SWG Run Time Calculator