First test with Taylor K2006

Just bought my Taylor K2006 and these are my results:
FC 3.6ppm
CC .2
Ph 7.7
TA 140
CH 290
CYA 82
I know my CYA is high and my FC is too low and I need to raise my FC to at least 7ppm.  The pool calculator says i need to add 123 oz of bleach 6%. Can i add bleach although I havent switched over from disconnecting my fusion Nature 2, yet?  If not what impact would poolife rapid shock have on pool chemistry. The fusion is set to 1 to reduce the use of the pucks. I know the majority dont support ozonators and thrichloro, unfortuantely i did not find this site until after my pool was already being built. My plan is to bypass the fusion pucks and empty the mineral pack, i haven't had the opportunity to do this,yet.  Thus, am I at the point where I need a  partial pool drain to get my CYA under control?

CYA is manageable at 80 ppm as long as you maintain the correct FC level. The problem is the trichlor puck is adding more CYA to the pool every day.

It is fine to add bleach to the pool to raise FC anytime. Most concentrated store brand bleach is 8.25%, I get mine at Kroger.

The K-2005 test kit does not have the FAS/DPD chorine test, which is why we recommend the K-2006. You can order the FAS/DPD test by itself from TFTestkits.net.

CYA is manageable at 80 ppm as long as you maintain the correct FC level. The problem is the trichlor puck is adding more CYA to the pool every day.

It is fine to add bleach to the pool to raise FC anytime. Most concentrated store brand bleach is 8.25%, I get mine at Kroger.

The K-2005 test kit does not have the FAS/DPD chorine test, which is why we recommend the K-2006. You can order the FAS/DPD test by itself from TFTestkits.net.
Thanks for the help! I actually mis-typed because the kit was rebranded at Leslie as Taylor Tech. 81329 which i beleive is the k2006. I will add bleach tonight. Thanks again

The bleach worked perfectly. My new readings are:
FC: 8.2 ppm
CC: .4
Hp: 7.0
TA: 80
CYA: 60
The bleach raised my FC to 8.2, but something weird happened, my CYA droped to 60. However, It's been raining for the past two days and we are anticipating more rain. So I am going to let the rain balance the FC to 7 which is the recommended FC for a CYA of 60 and raise my HP with my water features. The water features are currently set to run two hours per day. Will that be sufficient to raise my hp to 7.5ish?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.