Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quick advice (doing tonight). Established a Bromide Reserve. Which will super shock?

1. Back To Top    #1

Quick advice (doing tonight). Established a Bromide Reserve. Which will super shock?

I have Sodium Persulfate, Calcium Hypochlorite Mixture, Trichlor 3" tablets, Bromine 1" Tablets,

I established a bromine reserve by using 4lbs of sodium bromide in my 8000 Gallon Hot Tub (Havent turned on heat until everythings balanced).

Can I crush the bromine or trichlor tablets and use that to oxidize and supershock my water? Or can I use the powdered sodium/calcium hypo/persul in a few oz to do the same? Which is recommended?

I have:
    • Sodium Persulfate
    • Calcium Hypochlorite hydrated
    • Trichlor* 3" Tablets (Triaz)
    • Bromine 1" Tablets (Bromochloro something)
    • 1 Gallon of Laundry Bleach ( Would prefer not to use this, but can)

Levels:
    7.6 PH, 150 CH, 100 Alk, 2 Curent Bromine, 0 Copper and iron

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quick advice (doing tonight). Established a Bromide Reserve. Which will super sho

I don't know much about bromine. This is the only article in Pool School that I know of that discusses sanitizing with bromine. Maybe it will help. How do I use Bromine in my spa (or pool)?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Quick advice (doing tonight). Established a Bromide Reserve. Which will super sho

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    I don't know much about bromine. This is the only article in Pool School that I know of that discusses sanitizing with bromine. Maybe it will help. How do I use Bromine in my spa (or pool)?
    Hi, scourged the net to find that and a few others.

That's how I came up with my potential 'oxidizers'. Just wanted to see which one was recommended best without jacking any of my balanced levels too much (tried a bit of calcium but raided my pH from 7 to 10)