Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool. Attaching ladder to wedding cake stairs before deck is built.

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool. Attaching ladder to wedding cake stairs before deck is built.

Hello ~ New AGP was installed yesterday and my test kit arrived by mail, too. Filling from our hose and it will take at least one more full day. In the mean time I am constructing the ladder and attaching to the stairs only to find that they do not line up. The poles on the InnovaPlas Products Inc. Classic Outside Safety Ladder are 24" apart and the holes on the INNOVAPLAS PRODUCTS INC. WEDDING CAKE STEP2 are 36" apart. They do not line up and pool store is no help is recommending a solution. Should I line up one side and find a way to rig the other side? Is there a way to solidly attach the second side even though they to not match? See pictures attached.

We may not get a deck built until next season so I need some ideas for the short term. We really want the wedding cake stairs for added safety for the kids entering and exiting the pool as well as my husband who has had a knee replaced.

Second question...when should I do the first water test?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TerriP
    27'x54" AGP - 2HP Hayward SWIMPRO LX PUMP - SW150 Hayward SWIMPRO Voyager Element Tank- - Dyna-Skim Wide Mouth Skimmer SP1091WM - Aquaray vaccuum

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New pool. Attaching ladder to wedding cake stairs before deck is built.

Hopefully you've already tested your fill water so you have an idea of what your starting values will be.

Also, you've hopefully started adding some bleach to get ahead of the warm, unchlorinated water and lurking algae.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New pool. Attaching ladder to wedding cake stairs before deck is built.

Did the quick test and pH is 7.5, CL is .5. Adding bleach today.

We will be using PVC to link stairs to ladder platform instead of metal handrail included with stairs. Will post pic.
    TerriP
    27'x54" AGP - 2HP Hayward SWIMPRO LX PUMP - SW150 Hayward SWIMPRO Voyager Element Tank- - Dyna-Skim Wide Mouth Skimmer SP1091WM - Aquaray vaccuum