Need help finding skimmer weir gates

Schadenfreude

Gold Supporter
May 26, 2016
Phoenix AZ
First, let me say how helpful this site has been. I took over managing my pool a bit over a month ago, and I literally could not have done without the info here.

I need to locate two skimmer weir gates that are 8-3/8 X 5-1/2. All of the "standard" replacements are 8-3/8 X 5-1/4, which does not work for me. I have searched the internet but anything plausible either only lists the width and not the height, or doesn't list dimensions at all.

I cannot find any manufacturer info on my skimmer, and I have looked everywhere, so I have no idea who made it. As far as I can tell, I need a gate with two pins and not one that screws in (no screw hole).

Can anybody help?

I have a suggestion. My skimmer does not have a door, instead it has a floating weir like this:

Lp55P6w.jpg

Would it be possible to find a basket with your current dimensions that has a floating weir? I know it's not answering your question, but just throwing it out.

Try Amazon. You would be amazed at what you can find on there. Be very specific about what you are searching - if you have a brand name on the old one, better yet.

Out of curiosity, why won't one 5 1/4" tall not work?

Maybe you can find one that's 5 1/2" tall and a little wider than 8 3/8" and trim the width to fit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My homemade weir started sticking because I couldn't get the size I needed... I used the 5 1/4 inch and removed some of the foam (cut a u shape) and so far it has stopped sticking, but it has been less than a week since I cut some foam out. I also cut a little off the sides... not the most efficient at skimming, but the extra water on the sides keeps it from sticking, too.

I'll second the floating weir....

When we first moved in 2 years ago I noticed that I didn't have a weir door on either of my two skimmers. I searched around looking for replacements but never followed through. In the mean time I just had to do double duty with the hand skimmer, which was getting annoying. When I first opened the pool two years ago I found among the pool parts left by the previous owner two of those floating weir thingies but at the time I had no idea what they were for. A week or so ago, I was at the pool store and noticed one on the shelf and learned what it was for. When I got home I dropped them in my skimmer baskets and what a WORLD of difference that made. To be honest I felt like a dummy for the wasted labor over the past two years but I'm glad to finally have figured it out :brickwall:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.