Getting ready for new pool start-up

IrwinK

Apr 25, 2016
Orlando, FL
Asked pool store to test my tap water in preparation for filling my new pool.

At first they refused to test saying "no sense in testing as tap water changes daily."

I insisted and they ran the test then gave me all sorts bad advise and tried to sell me pucks with all sorts of extra stuff in them.

Pool is a few weeks away from plaster & water fill.

I am ordering the TF-100 test kit next week but was interested in their test results for copper and iron.

The test results they gave me for my tap water did NOT include tests for copper & iron. Do any of the pool stores test for these? (The name of store I went to starts with P). I'm hoping my PB or Wet Edge test these as I don't want to buy an expensive test for them.

Here are the pool store results for my tap water and soon to be my fill water:

TC .2 ppm
FC .2
PH 8.0
TA 120
CH 125
CYA 0
TDS 200

I was surprised at high PH and low Calcium Hardness.
WetEdge will require PH 7.2 - 7.6 TA 80 and CH 150.

Will do my own tests when TF-100 gets here.

Any thoughts and analysis appreciated in advance of the fill.

Thanks.

Metal tests are about the only test TFP will "allow" pool store results for LOL and of course those are the ones they did not give you!

Take your water in again and pretend it is pool water. Ask for the metal test with a nice smile :) hehe

Kim:cat:

I don't think the store I went to does the metals test. I may try another pool store for the metals test later.

The report from my water company lists copper on 9/2015 as 0.087 ppm.
.3 ppm is max permitted MCLG (Maximum Contaminant Level Goal)

They show many other metals (nickel, chromium, lead, etc.) with very low ppm - way below MCLG.

But there is no listing for Iron.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.