First timer, just opened pool and put in chemicals, need help. Water is green

The pool is still green but getting clearer.

These are my numbers after getting home from work:

FC 3.0
CC 1.0
TC 4.0
pH 7.3
CYA 20.0
TA 70.0

Why did my TA drop so much? Is it because I'm SLAMing? Do I need to add baking soda to get it up to 100?

When you added acid it lowered pH and TA as well. That actually seems like a lot, but trust your testing.

More important than anything right now is to keep your FC at SLAM level as much as possible.

When you added acid it lowered pH and TA as well. That actually seems like a lot, but trust your testing.

More important than anything right now is to keep your FC at SLAM level as much as possible.

So I don't need to put in baking soda to get it up while slamming?

For Chlorine, can I put in way more than SLAM level at night so that by the time I get home from work, it's still at SLAM level?

FC is really the only thing you should worry about and work on during a SLAM. TA will be the last thing you work on after the SLAM.

Now you know your "clean" pressure. When it gets 25% over you will need to clean again OR if the returns are weak.

Kim:cat:

Thanks, FC jumped from 6 to 17.5 after adding 128oz of 10% bleach. I thought my pool was about 14,000 gallons, but pool math says that if it jumped from 6 to 17.5, then my pool is 8700 gallons. I guess I need to keep testing to see what my actual pool size is.

I measured about 31ftx15ft with pool depth between 3ft-5ft. It's not a rectangular pool though; it's odd shaped.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.