Fizzing bubbles in pool splashing

My pool fizzes after we splash and the fizzy bubbles go away with in 5-10 secconds have a vinyl liner pool the cal. Is only 125 should i raise it.
FC 10
CC <.5
CH 125
TA 90
PH 7.5
CYA 70

Are there any other possible causes? Do you interpret this as a good, bad, or doesn't matter type of thing? Please help i think people look at me like there is something wrong with my water since it is doing this.

Nothing other than some algicide at the begining of the season 2 months ago by my pool company. Next year no algicde will be requested. Thats all i can think it could be.
They could have added a flocculant(drop out) if there was any cloudiness in the pool on opening and not told you - it's the fastest way to clear up fine debris from water but not recommended per TFP methods due to the nature of having to vacuum to waste and throwing off all other chemical balances.

The algaecide could have a flocculent included which is the most typical cause of bubbles outside of splash less bleaches.

I am jumping in here because I have a fizzy pool too. You look across the water when people are swimming or the wok pots are on, and it's fizzy. Like little bits of water jumping. As if you poured a 7-Up to the top of the glass.

It's not foaming. Nothing but 10% liquid cl. Never used algaecide or tabs with "4-in-1" action. CH is 900. TA is 40-50.

It's not a "problem" but if it is symptomatic of something underlying, it'd be good to figure out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am jumping in here because I have a fizzy pool too. You look across the water when people are swimming or the wok pots are on, and it's fizzy. Like little bits of water jumping. As if you poured a 7-Up to the top of the glass.

It's not foaming. Nothing but 10% liquid cl. Never used algaecide or tabs with "4-in-1" action. CH is 900. TA is 40-50.

It's not a "problem" but if it is symptomatic of something underlying, it'd be good to figure out.

Your symptoms sound more like a surface water tension - tiny droplets of water dance across the surface before breaking back into suspension?
Could be attributable to the climate you live in(low humidity)
The surface of the pool (think a fine layer of molecules) is constantly allowing H2O to evaporate, meanwhile tiny droplets of water oxidize in the air and land on the surface with a slightly different molecular charge ad bounce across until reaching equilibrium.

Most of the time some type of surfactant is the culprit. Rinsing off sunscreen or soaps from swimsuits/bathing. You won't be able to see the surface scum layer but it creates a static layer that water droplets will not immediately dissolve on.

Thank You thats sounds like thats it so what do you sugest tonget rif of the surfactant? Mostly suntan lotion and soaps. Thanks.

Your symptoms sound more like a surface water tension - tiny droplets of water dance across the surface before breaking back into suspension?
Could be attributable to the climate you live in(low humidity)
The surface of the pool (think a fine layer of molecules) is constantly allowing H2O to evaporate, meanwhile tiny droplets of water oxidize in the air and land on the surface with a slightly different molecular charge ad bounce across until reaching equilibrium.

Most of the time some type of surfactant is the culprit. Rinsing off sunscreen or soaps from swimsuits/bathing. You won't be able to see the surface scum layer but it creates a static layer that water droplets will not immediately dissolve on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.