Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fizzing bubbles in pool splashing

1. Back To Top    #1

Fizzing bubbles in pool splashing

My pool fizzes after we splash and the fizzy bubbles go away with in 5-10 secconds have a vinyl liner pool the cal. Is only 125 should i raise it.
    FC 10
    CC <.5
    CH 125
    TA 90
    PH 7.5
    CYA 70

Are there any other possible causes? Do you interpret this as a good, bad, or doesn't matter type of thing? Please help i think people look at me like there is something wrong with my water since it is doing this.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbles After Splashing

Anybody have any thoughts on this?
    18x36 In Ground Pool W/ Auto Cover, Nature 2, Hayward 1 1/2 Pump and Sand Filter 1 1/2" pipes, 21500 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: bubbles in pool

The two most common causes of foam in pools is algaecide and bleach that is labeled splashless or easy pour.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: bubbles in pool

If you haven't added anything that would cause foaming like pooldv mentioned you can try raising the CH to around 200 and see if the foaming stops.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Fizzing bubbles in pool splashing

Still getting fizzy bubbles after splashing and or jumping in. Water ia crystal clear. Any ideas on how to get rid of the fizz??
    Pools levels
    Ph 7.5
    FC 4
    Cc 0
    CH 250
    TA 70
    CYA 60
    Tds 1100
    See video of the fizz in action here.
    https://youtu.be/EaeWAcaLadw
    18x36 In Ground Pool W/ Auto Cover, Nature 2, Hayward 1 1/2 Pump and Sand Filter 1 1/2" pipes, 21500 Gallons

6. Back To Top    #6

What has been added to the pool?
    Any peroxide based magic sanitizers? Flocculants?
    30k in ground vinyl lined pool surrounded by decking in the woods.
    Hayward sand filter circa mid 80's
    If there is a way to do things less expensively and yield a superior product I am all ears

7. Back To Top    #7

Nothing other than some algicide at the begining of the season 2 months ago by my pool company. Next year no algicde will be requested. Thats all i can think it could be.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by kaiseroll22 View Post
    Nothing other than some algicide at the begining of the season 2 months ago by my pool company. Next year no algicde will be requested. Thats all i can think it could be.
    They could have added a flocculant(drop out) if there was any cloudiness in the pool on opening and not told you - it's the fastest way to clear up fine debris from water but not recommended per TFP methods due to the nature of having to vacuum to waste and throwing off all other chemical balances.

The algaecide could have a flocculent included which is the most typical cause of bubbles outside of splash less bleaches.
    If there is a way to do things less expensively and yield a superior product I am all ears

9. Back To Top    #9

I am jumping in here because I have a fizzy pool too. You look across the water when people are swimming or the wok pots are on, and it's fizzy. Like little bits of water jumping. As if you poured a 7-Up to the top of the glass.

It's not foaming. Nothing but 10% liquid cl. Never used algaecide or tabs with "4-in-1" action. CH is 900. TA is 40-50.

It's not a "problem" but if it is symptomatic of something underlying, it'd be good to figure out.
    10,500 gal IG, Topaz Pebble, auto-level
    Hayward DE filter, 2HP Ecostar VSP, ProLogic PS-4, GVA actuators
    Cal Pools Wave Force Plus (wall return jets plus 2 floor pop-ups), Venturi Skimmer
    Water sheer, 2 wok pots, bubbler stem on the baja step
    ColorLogic Mutlicolor LED lamp. Taylor 2006+speed stir

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm going to slam and see what happens I'll let you know

11. Back To Top    #11

So I stupidly put in splash less bleach. How do you get rid of the bubbles?

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Jihan View Post
    So I stupidly put in splash less bleach. How do you get rid of the bubbles?
    It'll go away over time. Just let the kids do a bunch of extra splashing and playing the surfactants in the bleach should break down

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeChris View Post
    I am jumping in here because I have a fizzy pool too. You look across the water when people are swimming or the wok pots are on, and it's fizzy. Like little bits of water jumping. As if you poured a 7-Up to the top of the glass.

It's not foaming. Nothing but 10% liquid cl. Never used algaecide or tabs with "4-in-1" action. CH is 900. TA is 40-50.

It's not a "problem" but if it is symptomatic of something underlying, it'd be good to figure out.
    Your symptoms sound more like a surface water tension - tiny droplets of water dance across the surface before breaking back into suspension?
    Could be attributable to the climate you live in(low humidity)
    The surface of the pool (think a fine layer of molecules) is constantly allowing H2O to evaporate, meanwhile tiny droplets of water oxidize in the air and land on the surface with a slightly different molecular charge ad bounce across until reaching equilibrium.

Most of the time some type of surfactant is the culprit. Rinsing off sunscreen or soaps from swimsuits/bathing. You won't be able to see the surface scum layer but it creates a static layer that water droplets will not immediately dissolve on.

14. Back To Top    #14

Thank You thats sounds like thats it so what do you sugest tonget rif of the surfactant? Mostly suntan lotion and soaps. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by basod View Post
    Your symptoms sound more like a surface water tension - tiny droplets of water dance across the surface before breaking back into suspension?
    Could be attributable to the climate you live in(low humidity)
    The surface of the pool (think a fine layer of molecules) is constantly allowing H2O to evaporate, meanwhile tiny droplets of water oxidize in the air and land on the surface with a slightly different molecular charge ad bounce across until reaching equilibrium.

Most of the time some type of surfactant is the culprit. Rinsing off sunscreen or soaps from swimsuits/bathing. You won't be able to see the surface scum layer but it creates a static layer that water droplets will not immediately dissolve on.

15. Back To Top    #15

They sell scum bugs that float on the surface and absorb lotion & oily residue. You can also use a paper towel to grab the scum in your skimmer just lay it on the surface of the water and remove.