Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Build in Baytown, Texas. Portable Shower by Pool Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Build in Baytown, Texas. Portable Shower by Pool Question

My pool build started on May 06, 2015. Pool Builder stated plaster is schedule for Monday, June 13, 2016. Has anyone or does anyone have a portable outdoor shower by the pool area?
    Xavier in Baytown, Texas
    Pool Built: 06May2016. 16ftx34ft, Area: 485 ft2, Depth: 4ft-6ft, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair FNS Plus D.E. Filter 48 sq. ft., Easy Touch 8 with wireless remote, IntelliBrite Pool Color LED, 640 Sq Ft of deck, 3 ton waterfall, Guesstimation: 17,000 gallons, Test Kit: Taylor K-2006C.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Build in Baytown, Texas. Portable Shower by Pool Question

If you do a search for outdoor shower in the search box, you'll find several threads, older and newer, for what you are looking for.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, dumb me, forgot to search first.
    Xavier in Baytown, Texas
    Pool Built: 06May2016. 16ftx34ft, Area: 485 ft2, Depth: 4ft-6ft, Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump, Pentair FNS Plus D.E. Filter 48 sq. ft., Easy Touch 8 with wireless remote, IntelliBrite Pool Color LED, 640 Sq Ft of deck, 3 ton waterfall, Guesstimation: 17,000 gallons, Test Kit: Taylor K-2006C.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have also looked into it, really not a lot of choices if you wanted to look decent and getting away with HOA. I'm thinking about building a 8x12 storage shed that matches the house, then split the inside with a wall, leave a 8x4 for toilet and vanity (no shower) and the other 8x8 storage for my lawn mower storage. Each side will have there own exterior door. Ofcourse restroom side will be tiled in nicely. here is a pic of what I have in mind but not as tall though.

2016 pool build.... 18k gal. freeform style, built in round table, 18" jumping platform, travertine coping upgrade, travertine waterline, peagravel decking, saltwater pool (no spa), Quartzscape blue., 1.5hp Pentair pump, JANDY SWG, 48sqft Pentair DE filter, TFP-100 kit w/speedstir MYPoolBuild

5. Back To Top    #5

Would love to have a half bath by the pool, but my plumbing is locating in the front of my home.

Quote Originally Posted by ap2002 View Post
    I have also looked into it, really not a lot of choices if you wanted to look decent and getting away with HOA. I'm thinking about building a 8x12 storage shed that matches the house, then split the inside with a wall, leave a 8x4 for toilet and vanity (no shower) and the other 8x8 storage for my lawn mower storage. Each side will have there own exterior door. Ofcourse restroom side will be tiled in nicely. here is a pic of what I have in mind but not as tall though.

Xavier in Baytown, Texas

6. Back To Top    #6

You could always install a composting toilet, probably cheaper than running a sewage line, and if you installed it in a portable building style shed you could use one that looks mostly like a regular toilet with the tank below the floor.

Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by misplacetexan View Post
    Would love to have a half bath by the pool, but my plumbing is locating in the front of my home.
    Our plumbing is towards the front of the house but still technically on the side, we will probably have to run about 35ft of sewer pipe and about 20ft Of Water Supply, after a lot of research this the best idea for us, it will keep a lot of traffic out of the house and definitely keep water out since we have wood floors,
    2016 pool build.... 18k gal. freeform style, built in round table, 18" jumping platform, travertine coping upgrade, travertine waterline, peagravel decking, saltwater pool (no spa), Quartzscape blue., 1.5hp Pentair pump, JANDY SWG, 48sqft Pentair DE filter, TFP-100 kit w/speedstir MYPoolBuild

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by ap2002 View Post
    it will keep a lot of traffic out of the house and definitely keep water out since we have wood floors
    This!

That's why we are putting in a outdoor bathroom and outdoor kitchen.

I want to have big pool parties with the doors to the house locked.

I think you will not regret doing it right and plumbing it into your sewer/septic system.

9. Back To Top    #9

yes wouldn't that be nice to lock the doors lol... i know if might cost a little more upfront on doing it right but it will be well worth it IMO,

i am really surprise with all these great pool builds that outside restrooms are not more common on this forum.

10. Back To Top    #10

My guess is so many of the pool builds we see are on modern postage stamp size lots there is often not enough room to add an outdoor pool building with a bathroom
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~