New Deck

RyanMcC

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2013
NH
Hello! We are back to the pool after winter hibernation. It's great to be browsing new pool ideas again and seeing what others are up to.

For us, this year's goal was to put a deck on the pool. These pictures are a bit of a lie- this was last week and the deck wasn't done yet, but I cropped them so you can't tell. It was our 23rd wedding anniversary, and our 13th anniversary of buying our house, and it was hot and nice out, so we wanted to celebrate by using the almost done deck. Thing is, there were zero stairs to it yet, so we had to lower that table down from above, and carry everything else to it from around front. We have always had an upper deck (your standard raised-in-back stick built house deck with with long flight down to the yard, though larger deck than most). The new deck is at pool level, with the upper deck having 4 steps down to it for a great, layered, split level deck effect. The pool area kind of cuts our backyard in two, so there are 2 sets of stairs down to the yard from the new deck now (one on either side), with a railing and gate sectioning off the pool, so kids and dog have free access to the stairs and both sides of the yard without walking around the pool, and we can lock/unlock pool deck whenever we want.

The whole thing is done now, but naturally it's raining and cruddy today and I'm so excited about it all I want to post. There's nothing like a completed pool project, timed with a free weekend, to bring out the rain. This is our 4th year- 2 years with a used Intex and learning curve re-leveling/bottom patching, last year with installing the Radiant, and this year the deck. Time to sit back and just enjoy for a while, and this really does transform our house/yard to quite a sweet spot.

Here are the anniversary pics from last week. Table will usually be on upper deck... not sure what we will put at the pool yet. Maybe next weekend or tomorrow I can get a fuller view picture with the two deck effect. Loving it from inside right now. Note that great TFP water! <3 <3

Mjo

1-20160604_205723.jpg

2-20160604_210332.jpg

3-20160604_210404.jpg

4-20160604_214355.jpg

Beautiful deck. I got tired of waiting on my Father to do it during our second season so I ordered a deck from Namco. Cost me $2500 and what a piece of junk it is. The finish doesn't last, that's for sure. Now were just waiting for it to eventually fall apart, since I was in a rush - haha. Congrats on 23 years!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.