Finished Stain Removal - Now taking taking a long time to get FC to normal

I did the ascorbic acid treatment last Sunday, and added 3 lbs of Vitamin C and the stains did not come out until the next morning when I added the metal sequestering agent. The good news is that the pool is completely white. After the treatment the ph dropped from 7.2 to 6.8, and I adjusted it back up on Monday night and began adding bleach, 16 oz each time. I have been adding bleach every day about 2 to 3 times per day (the swg is also on), but the FC mostly reads 0. The ph went back down to 6.8 on Friday and I adjusted it back up again with borax to 7.2. I guess I must just keep on adding the bleach, until the FC stabilizes?? Any suggestions?? My readings this morning were FC 0, PH 7.2, TA 90, CYA 55, CH 220,

If your battling to hold FC despite your additions you may be battling an underlying algae issue. Would be a good idea to see by performing the OCLT this will tell you whether the problem is being caused by organics rather than the effects of the sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.