Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finished Stain Removal - Now taking taking a long time to get FC to normal

1. Back To Top    #1

Finished Stain Removal - Now taking taking a long time to get FC to normal

I did the ascorbic acid treatment last Sunday, and added 3 lbs of Vitamin C and the stains did not come out until the next morning when I added the metal sequestering agent. The good news is that the pool is completely white. After the treatment the ph dropped from 7.2 to 6.8, and I adjusted it back up on Monday night and began adding bleach, 16 oz each time. I have been adding bleach every day about 2 to 3 times per day (the swg is also on), but the FC mostly reads 0. The ph went back down to 6.8 on Friday and I adjusted it back up again with borax to 7.2. I guess I must just keep on adding the bleach, until the FC stabilizes?? Any suggestions?? My readings this morning were FC 0, PH 7.2, TA 90, CYA 55, CH 220,
    9,000 Gal, 12' x 28' x 4' deep, White Fiberglass In Ground, Hayward cartridge filter & SWG, Variable speed pump, No heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Finished Stain Removal - Now taking taking a long time to get FC to normal

If your battling to hold FC despite your additions you may be battling an underlying algae issue. Would be a good idea to see by performing the OCLT this will tell you whether the problem is being caused by organics rather than the effects of the sun.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006