Chlorine to bromine?

Jun 11, 2016
Uk
I have used chlorine successfully for the past 12 years on my outdoor pool. Last year I had a low level enclosure installed to extend the season here in the uk. It is now an indoor pool It seems to me that I don't need to use stabilised chlorine as the pool is now very rarely open to the efects of solar radiation. Problem is that chlorine tablets all contain CYA so I thought why not change to bromine? I have to go away for 3 weeks and in the past I would have just loaded up the chlorine dispenser and left t to get on with it. I don't want to increase the CYA in the system as I have recently reduced and that's why I thought about bromine tablets. I know you can't change back without changing the water. What is the consensus? Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

I can't comment about using bromine, I am not familiar with it.

I can comment about ways to manage your pool with chlorine. Keep CYA at 30 ppm in an indoor pool. CYA offers other benefits besides UV protection. It substantially buffers the harshness and effects of chlorine on hair, skin, swimsuits, etc. There are couple of ways to chlorinate your pool automatically. Saltwater chlorine generator or liquid chlorine/bleach dosing system such as a Liquidator or Stenner pump set up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.