Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking to get a SWG need help asap

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking to get a SWG need help asap

Ok so I have been looking to get a SWG. I see most say to go bigger is better. My pool is 18x36 hopper bottom around 25k gallons. I understand the bigger / over sizing Idea but looking at the CircuPool units they have a higher output than most.

Also looking at the sales on them right now confused on what unit to buy.
    Also there is a local guy that has a CircuPool si-40 for sale for $350 1yr said he is selling it due to divorce/ selling the house. But buying a used unit is scarey and I can't see it hurting the sell of a house so....
    20x40 In-ground Vinyl liner with no swg yet and no heater approximatley 25000 gals

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Looking to get a SWG need help asap

Get the largest unit your budget affords. They all have pros/cons.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a t15 with my 18x 36 and does a good job of maintaining cl levels at 50% output...

68,000litre, IG vinyl, LorentzPS 600 Solar Pump & 1/2 HP Tristar, Sandfilter, Aquarite T-15 SWG
    20000 gallon, IG, SWG, Sand Filter, Hayward 1/2HP + Lorentz direct solsr PV pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Just keep in mind that CYA, screen or no screen, bather load, exposure and desired pump run time all have a impact on the size determination. This is why most will say go with 2 -3 times the stated output that is needed.
    Matt
    2016 Pool Build: 12k IG Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Travertine Coping & Pavers, Pentair IntelliFlo, Intellichlor, Easytouch, Clean & Clear 320, Heliocol Solar - TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    SWG Run Time Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a Circupool SJ45 I installed last year. No issues, very happy. Would be a little scared of used unit.
    Windowman
    West Chester, PA
    25year old 36,000 Gunite with new quartz finish (2014), 1 1/2hp Sta Rite pump, 60sf Pentair DE filter,
    1hp Polaris 380 cleaner, SJ45 Circupool Salt Water Generator

6. Back To Top    #6

For $350 I'd go for it if he can prove it works.

IMO, the Circupool is a bit fussy with chemical balance, but having said that if you keep your TA and Ph in line, it runs like a champ.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006