Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just curious about SWG

1. Back To Top    #1
    Jefferson (Lake Hopatcong), NJ

Just curious about SWG

Just out of curiosity, can one use 2 turbo cells to generate more chlorine? And how?? (Preferably Hayward)
    May 2015: 17K Viking Caribbean Fiberglass IG pool (16'x40'), PAL lighting three 2T4 LED's (inside pool), Hayward DE 6020, Hayward Ecostar VS pump, SWG TCell15, Hayward HP21404T Heat Pump, Hayward Omnilogic automation + Sense & Dispense (HLCHEM).
    Rest of the backyard ideas/wish list: 12 x 20 Pergola, 48" Round Firepit, Accent/Landscape lighting, Outdoor movie theatre and music (projector & speakers), etc...

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Just curious about SWG

I think you need still need two power supplies/controllers. With a Pentair EasyTouch panel you'd still need an addition power supply along with the built in one to supply drive power to the cell and then you'd have to setup a separate relay to turn it on or off. One cell would communicate with the system but the other would be manually set. So not an optimal setup. I'm sure the Hayward's would be more straight forward.

Hayward and Pentair do both make commercial grade systems that have higher outputs and I know the Pentair commercial system can slave up to nine cells together. However, obtaining a system like that probably requires the services of a Pentair distributor as I don't think those system are generally available for residential use.
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates